[nvda-addons] Re: nvSpeechPlayer 2014.6.4 ready for testing

  • From: brandon T <brandongold98@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 19:24:57 -0400

Hello,

I would like to get your opinion on a suggestion I have, if you don't
mind please.

Currently, these frame settings really help me to understand this more
easily. Here is an example of what you might want to use these for:

I'll take the example of the V sound in very. I'd like to try
something if you don't mind please.
I would like to write the word very, but I will write it in a way that
will allow you to hear this sound more easily.
v'v'v'v'v'v'v'v'v'v'v'v'v'v'v'v'v'v'v'varry
I did this because I think this can be adjusted with these settings,
though I am not sure.
I was wondering if these settings would be useful if this add-on is
released. I have been researching about Klatt synthesis, so I will try
to find something for you.
Changing frame.cf4 and frame.cf5 to 60 or 70 produces a very good
sound. I think you can also change frame.np to around 60 or 70 and it
may sound a little better.
Do you like the idea of keeping these settings? If we decide not to
keep them, we won't be able to experiment with these settings to make
the voice sound the way we want. What are your opinions on this?
When the new versions of this are released, and some of the letters
sound better, they used these settings.

Thanks,

Brandon