[nvda-addons] Re: commit/readFeeds: mhameed: readme.md: Language corrections.

  • From: Ch-L <llajta@xxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 11:12:32 +0200

Hi,
I agree all the changes or corrections mentioned.
Also for tecnical iformation. For those informations is better refer to reading comments in the source code, if the add-on remains OpenSource forever. I translated readme from spanish, but my work contains also various suggestions of some people for a better english, and including also mistakes. For this all change is very appreciated.

Just other suggestion for the menu items:
From menu "...Read feeds / Temporary address" is possible read the current URL selected, but I think that the main function is add a new URL. My tip is change "Temporary address" in other message, as "New URL" or "Add a Canel". Also, is possible add to end of messages the shortcut available for same work.
E.G.
"Save current address...\tshift+NVDA+Enter".

Thanks.

Chris()

Noelia wrote:
Hello, here is my opinion, though the good work of translating my
original user guide, from Spanish into English, was made by Chris.
"
1. Channel, feed and rss are being used interchangeably, maybe consider
changing to feed to make it easier for translators? (po, readme).
maybe in the readme near the top, say:
"Below when we mension feeds, we mean both RSS
and ATOM feeds."
"
OK.
"
2. Same interchangable usage of address, url, maybe only using URL?
(po, readme)"
OK, though maybe address should be used. At least in Spanish, there
are people who don't know what an URL is.
"
3. this seems too technical:
"If there is no addressFile.txt, the default address will be the one
specified in the
source code (globalPlugins/readFeeds/__init__.py)."
Maybe should be deleted? The user should not have to worry about changing the
code of an addon. (readme)"
We can delete it, but including this information, the user is able to
know it, and he or she don't have to worry about changing the add-on
code. Personally, I don't like programs which do things if I feel thet
the process aren't in my hands and into my head. I prefer programs
that include technical information, for me, because I can feel sure
with them. I hope you understand my expressions here.
"
4. "NVDA could inform with an error message also if it was possible to
copy the saved RSS channels."
Does this mean it doesn't do it at this time and will do in the future,
or is it just a language mistake? (readme)
"
It's a language mistake. We should write:
"
4. "NVDA could inform with an error message also if it wasn't possible to
copy the saved RSS channels."
Furthermore, we can add that, if documentation is not available for
the current interface language, the user guide in English will be
opened when activatin Open Documentation.
Thanks.