[nvda-addons] Re: commit/googleSpeechRecognition: norrumar: Finished settings implementation.

  • From: Noelia <nrm1977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 09:15:21 +0200

Hi Mesar.
On 05/08/2013, Mesar wrote:
"
Just so that I understand how it is being displayed with NVDA, how does the user
select multiple languages from this dialog?
Are they checkboxes, or a listbox, is it automatically understandable
that more than one language can be selected at one time, or do we need
to say something about this in the text label for the control?"
Sorry. I didn't understand that multiple languages could be selected
at one time.
In this case, we will use the dialog included by Beqa. As he included
messages that seem to be token from another add-on, I thought wrongly
that he started a quick work which could be corrected.
I used a single choice list box, shown on Preferences menu when
selecting the corresponding item.
If different languages can be selected at one time, we could change
the configuration file.
But script_cycleLang can just select one language at one time.
"
I searched for an updated list for recognition before but didn't find
anything. Now I found:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14257598/what-are-language-codes-for-voice-recognition-languages-in-chromes-implementati
which seems to support voice dialects too for better accuracy.
"
I found this list too, but I don't know what to do about this information.
Furthermore, NVDA seems not to work fine when the recording time with
this add-on is too long. The text cannot be spoken and perhaps neither
sent.
I get the better results by setting time.sleep(10) for stopping the
add-on recording automatically.
Thanks.