[nvda-addons] addon for skype (was Re: Re: New addon for Virtual Audio Cable available)

  • From: Zahari Yurukov <zahari.yurukov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 19:44:19 +0300

Hi,
I'm glad you're still around.
Have you read the last comments about Skype, events, etc:
http://community.nvda-project.org/ticket/4061

Best wishes,
Zahari

На 20.06.2014 18:02, Doug Lee написа:
For this particular addon, it isn't a big deal to me whether the
pointer is to a web page on my site or an addon file on my site,
because once I code VAC Control Panel support, there shouldn't need to
be many changes. The apps in VAC don't seem to change often, and they
are small apps besides.

Your offer to add this web pointer concept to the addon structure is
most kind though, and if I do further work on Skype or another big
and/or frequently-changing app, I will most assuredly appreciate the
capability.

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 07:58:31AM -0700, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Hmmm, that could open up possibilities where some add-on writers who host
add-ons on their site can point to their websites.
For Noelia, Mesar, Alberto and other devs: can we grant Doug an exception to
our current readme structure where instead of pointing to links to download
the add-on file, user would be provided a link to go to an add-on author's
website? Something like:
* Author: Doug Lee
* Add-ons website link.
The rest would be similar to our readme's. This would be handy if the author
wishes for us to post just an add-on entry instead of a file, or provide a
way for an add-on author to provide documentation on his or her website.
This might also be useful for NV Access as well.
Cheers,
Joseph