[nvda-addons] Re: Resource Monitor 3.0 developments: seeking feature requests and comments

  • From: Alberto Buffolino <a.buffolino@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:59:37 +0200

Joseph Lee (il 18/08/2013 3.43) ha scritto:
Hi all, I hope Resource Monitor is proving to be a useful add-on for
NVDA.  To enhance its usability and to add more resource usage
information, I'd like to formally ask for your comments and feature
suggestions for Resource Monitor 3.0 scheduled for early next year.
Alberto:
Hi Joseph,
I installed a old version of this addon, so I download 2.4 and clone repository in this moment. The addon is very interesting, and could become a excellent information center. :) I will read code... a good idea could be to put all or part of information in a dialog, so to use a few gestures.
Just a curiosity, you have considered the use of WMI?
I discovered it two days ago, and it sounds as a NSA only for your PC! XD Ok, seriously, you can retrieve a lot of stuff using it, info about keyboard, battery, processor, memory, system, and more and more... I used this module (an alternative is win32com.client, that can make queries):
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/WMI/
In my tests, I used a extremely simple approach:
import wmi
c=wmi.WMI()
for item in c.class_name_of_interest():
 print item
class_name_of_interest is Win32_Battery, or Win32_Keyboard, for example.
I have no idea about its functionality on 64-bit systems, however.
I hope it's useful. :)
Alberto