[nvda-addons] NVDACon: July 12, 2014

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 04:28:31 -0700

Hi add-on writers and users,

First, welcome to our new members.

Below are some notes regarding the upcoming NVDACon for July 2014:

After considering several dates in June and July (between June 21st to July
12), July 12 seems to work out for many of us, thus barring any critical
circumstances, NvDACon will be held on July 12. This time, as suggested by
European users back in March, the conference will be held earlier (morning
here in Americas, so it'll be afternoon and evening time in Europe, night in
Asia and what not). Unlike back in March where we had a theme and a keynote,
let's have an open forum and couple seminars/demos. The place will be same
as last time: NVDA Korea TeamTalk server at www.nvda-kr.org.

For those who've joined us recently, earlier this year some users proposed
that we should have a conference on NVDA hosted by users. Then in March
2014, a user hosted NVDA Conference (shortened to NVDACon) was held,
featuring a keynote session with Mick Curran and Jamie Teh. During the
conference, many users voiced support for a regular conference like this,
thus the idea for the July conference was born.

You can listen to the complete conference proceedings at the following
webpage:

http://www.nvda-kr.org/en

Back to the program: the location details are as follows:

.        TeamTalk server: www.nvda-kr.org

.        Port: 10333 (both TCP and UDP).

.        We might use a new channel for the conference instead of the
keynote hall.

Time will be determined soon, but it will likely be a two or three session
conference, with hopefully a session aimed at sighted developers. The
session might be early morning (Americas), mid-morning and afternoon (all in
American times; for Europe, Africa and middle east, it'll be afternoon,
evening and night; for Asia, night, midnight and early morning).

Topics: possible topics may include:

.        An open forum session where users can chat about NVDA.

.        Hopefully a session for sighted developers on improving
accessibility of software.

.        One or more seminars on special topics (to be determined soon;
someone suggested sessions on add-ons and Google Docs before, so let's try
to organize those).

Possible preparation meeting: if you'd like to talk about the conference
(perhaps to help out with preparations), we'll try to have a meeting before
the conference (likely on June 28, 2014 at the NVDA Korea TeamTalk server).

Please pass this on to other lists (and for our international friends, to
your language mailing lists or friends). Final details will be announced by
end of June. Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph