[nvda-addons] Re: NVDA and word document with big table

  • From: "Brian's Mail list account BY" <bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 12:08:22 +0100

It seems to me that any large document with lots of formatting gradually slows
the machine down if a screenreader is running on some machines. It tends not to
be a crash, just a very ridiculous delay which builds over time.
One thought, if its not a single core machine which one cannot do this with,
is this.
Look at the power saving settings of the processors. I found on one machine,,
well two but one was a laptop, that the idling performance on the system had
the processors running at only 5 percent of the full speed, and weirdly, the
programs being run, all 32 bit on a 64 bit system, seemed not to be detected
enough to throw it into the 100 percent mode.
My answer was to set the processor idle rat up to 50 percnent so things like
explorer scrolling etc, were much slicker and kept in pace with nvda for
example.
Whether your large table might be fixed by this I do not know but might be
worth a try.
I tend to believe that the processors low speeds are deliberately made so on
laptops to make the battery last longer and the fan quieter, but then, Im a
cynic.
Brian

bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent via blueyonder.