[nvda-addons] Re: NVDA Remote Access: a potentially useful add-on (or perhaps in the core) and CAVI podcast

  • From: shaun everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 10:49:13 +1300

well I have subscribed to the nvdaremote.com site so I am in the loop as an admin I do it via dropbox and the phone and skype. Dropbox is an efissient way to get my files up to the place I want them to go without interaction from me. Ofcause once this thing works at startup, and if I can password protect with the ids the sessions the software will connect to, then I can take over the remotes of just about every machine I need to remote. I have access to 3 systems 2 in my house I use with flash drives, and one only a few blocks from my house. However I have several systems which are 60 minutes drive from me and I hardly ever get access to them either when I can get the owner to process the scripts at his end or when I physically get the systems. These systems are quite olde cure2 64 and 32 bit systems and nvda and all their programs really makes things lag a lot. To have nvda pipe through to my box will mean unless something goes nuts I should be able to install my scripts, reboot,and then that sort of thing.

At 10:37 p.m. 14/12/2014, you wrote:
Hi, I will also be interested in testing this, if it will be possible.
Il 13/12/2014 21:26, Joseph Lee ha scritto:
Hi,
Good – since I believe Tyler is with us… Thanks for the link.
For Tyler (if you are here): would it be possible to let other add-on authors and core devs contribute code and test the add-on? In return, we’ll let you post a link to download your add-on on our community add-ons website as soon as it is available. For anyone interested in what Chris and Tyler are doing, here is a background ticket regarding remote access:
<http://community.nvda-project.org/ticket/3564>http://community.nvda-project.org/ticket/3564
Cheers,
Joseph