[nvda-addons] Re: Clip content designer: preliminary release date and reviews

  • From: Noelia <nrm1977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 20:53:44 +0100

Oh, thanks!
The add-on previously had an option to clear clipboard contents from the menu, and also from keyboard.
I will implement all your suggestions.
All is great. Or I can add you as an author.
There is an old version of this add-on in the italian website. When an add-on is quite old, is more difficult to review even for the author, at least if I'm this author :D
It's a great great revision! Greater if you won't use the add-on.
Thanks a lot.

El 13/12/2014 20:44, Alberto Buffolino escribió:
Bhavya shah (il 13/12/2014 14.36) ha scritto:
Hi, I would like to suggest a few things:
Alberto:
hi all, mostly Noelia,
I reviewed the code. Some notes/suggestions:
1) currently, there are two messages when copy has success the first time:
ui.message(_("Adding text to empty clipboard"))
and:
ui.message(_("Appended"))
first is correct, but quite unnecessary, imho.
Same thing clearing clipboard.
About code, for curiosity, why there are onClearAddedText and
script_clear that calls first method, not called anywhere else?
2) according to source code, separator is added also when clipData is
empty string, so we have a separator before the first chunk. An if to
avoid this is simple and reasonable, imho.
3) this is a modify that could be not user-friendly for basic users,
but... use \r, \n or \t as separators? It's not so complicated:
-----
line 57:
bookmark = conf["separator"]["bookmarkSeparator"].decode("string-escape")
line 88:
         d = wx.TextEntryDialog(gui.mainFrame, message, title,
defaultValue=bookmark.encode("string-escape"))
line 96:
             bookmark = d.GetValue().decode("string-escape")
line 98:
             conf["separator"]["bookmarkSeparator"] =
bookmark.encode("string-escape")
-----
So, if you want, you can use \r\n as default separator (\\r\\n indeed),
bookmark instead of self.separator and user will have the control on
blank lines around appended text.
4) maybe in a future release: a checkbox in settings to remove or not
eventually new-line or carriage return chars at the end of copied text
(useful when these chars are included selecting a entire line). An if to
rstrip or not, and voila :)
Sorry for the massive review, but I didn't use this add-on in the past,
and probably I won't use it in the future.
Alberto

---
El software de antivirus Avast ha analizado este correo electrónico en busca de
virus.