[nvda-addons] Re: Basic script questions

  • From: "Brian's Mail list account BY" <bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 07:40:31 +0100

The sound is all important though. Yes with a single tone, it works with the mouse, but in the Thunder Screenreader, for example they have a nice little chime sound that goes up and down as you go up and down the file with the cursors.

Brian

bglists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Amanda Lacy <lacy925@xxxxxxxxx
To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 10:50:59 -0500

So I have another question...

Tones.beep doesn't output multiple frequencies at once.  To do this I
assume I will need to generate wave data (usually done as floats
between
-1.0 and 1.0) and feed them to nvwave.wavePlayer.  The problem is,
wavePlayer.feed takes an str argument, and I can find very little
information about the format of this string.  So, how do you generate
waves and play them?

Amanda
On 5/30/2014 7:53 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi Amanda,
1.  You can get the name/identifier for the gesture by doing
gesture.displayName.  The complete list of valid gestures is located
in NVDA core under source/vkCodes.py.
2.  To send the gesture to the operating system, at the beginning of
the script routine, write gesture.send().
3.  I usually use print statements in the script body to locate errors.
When
this is done, NVDA will output stdout as part of the log viewer text
(log file).  Of course in production releases, remove traces of
debugging once you know your script is working as advertised.
Any other questions?
Cheers,
jsoeph