[nvda-addons] Re: Basic script questions

  • From: Amanda Lacy <lacy925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 10:50:59 -0500

So I have another question...

Tones.beep doesn't output multiple frequencies at once. To do this I assume I will need to generate wave data (usually done as floats between -1.0 and 1.0) and feed them to nvwave.wavePlayer. The problem is, wavePlayer.feed takes an str argument, and I can find very little information about the format of this string. So, how do you generate waves and play them?

Amanda
On 5/30/2014 7:53 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi Amanda,
1. You can get the name/identifier for the gesture by doing
gesture.displayName. The complete list of valid gestures is located in NVDA
core under source/vkCodes.py.
2. To send the gesture to the operating system, at the beginning of the
script routine, write gesture.send().
3. I usually use print statements in the script body to locate errors. When
this is done, NVDA will output stdout as part of the log viewer text (log
file). Of course in production releases, remove traces of debugging once you
know your script is working as advertised.
Any other questions?
Cheers,
jsoeph