[nvda-addons] Re: Add-on template: modifying buildvars to include docFile entry

  • From: James Teh <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 12:45:13 +0800

The tricky part is that this won't be available to most users until NVDA 2014.3, so docHandler probably can't be removed from existing add-ons that rely on it until NVDA 2014.3 is released. That said, ideally, the add-on template work needs to be done and tested before that happens so we can catch any problems.

One option is to do most of the work now, but wait to remove docHandler until after NVDA 2014.3 is released. This means that users will be able to use the new UI, but the old UI will still be available for users that aren't running NVDA next (or eventually master).

Jamie

On 3/06/2014 12:38 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,

Now that NVDA core ticket 2694 is about to be tested in the next branch,
I’d like to propose modifying buildVars to include docFile entry in the
manifest generation. This may also mean we need to modify scons file to
remove dochandler or do something about incorporating ticket 2694 into
add-on template.

Thanks.

//JL

--