[nvda-addons] Re: A small addon for the freeware Ant Renamer

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 13:59:50 -0800

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for the add-on. Some code review for you:

*         Overlay class placement: this is just my opinion, but I tend to
favor app modules which includes overlay classes to place them before
defining the app module. That way if a bug is traced to the overlay class,
you don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom to find the offending
line (GoldWave app module is a prime example of this).

*         File layout: I do understand that an author may have not
considered layout of the file when creating his or her first add-on. One of
the strengths of Python is readability, and this includes how the file is
laid out. The "unofficial" convention is to separate functions and modules
by a blank line to improve readability and for you to locate the parts of
the file easily.

*         In the script method: I think it might be beneficial to somehow
combine the first two if statements (like using a nested conditionals), as
it seems one of them is quite unnecessary.

Thanks. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Joseph