[ntnm] SpeakOn guides customization feature

  • From: Isaac Porat <isaac@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ntnm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 06:14:16 +0100

Hello all

One feature I did not mention is the ability in SpeakOn to customize the NTNM guides. The guides contain as they should channels / stations from all over the UK, yet individuals are interested usually in only a few channels / stations.

SpeakOn allows you the select the channels / stations you want to be included. For example in the radio guide I could specify for SpeakOn to show me only the BBC 3, BBC 4 and Classic FM; this is done in the settings section. After you specified these settings, each time SpeakOn loads a Radio Guide, only the above stations are shown so you do not have to go through them all. SpeakOn always, for each publication, remembers where you left off when you shutdown SpeakOn, so when you start it again you go back to your last place in the publication (in our case the Radio Guide) so you can just move to the next day / channel.

Regards
Isaac