[ntnm] Re: New SpeakOn MediaSuite version with NTNM support improvements - 1 October 2014

  • From: Isaac Porat <isaac@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ntnm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2014 05:22:43 +0100

Hi Chris

This issue is mentioned in the installation page further down:
http://www.speakon.org.uk/SpeakOn/MediaSuite/public/docs/Installing_SpeakOn_and_getting_started/System_requirements,_download_and_installation.html

Note that under normal operations admin permissions are not required, these are only used during checking for updates.

There are ways to force Windows to do the updates without having to ask for admin permissions but I did not bother. Anyway the fix on that page in most cases should work for you if you don't want to confirm the UAC when you start SpeakOn.

Regards
Isaac

On 05/10/2014 21:56, Chris Miles wrote:
On 02/10/2014 09:22, Isaac Porat wrote:
Hello all

A new version of SpeakOn MediaSuite, 1 October, is available.

The main feature of this version is support for the epub books format in the Text Publications plug-in. Reading of epub books is enhanced by many advanced features as described in the announcement page http://www.speakon.org.uk/SpeakOn/MediaSuite/public/docs-r/Announcement.html

NTNM eText support has also been improved; levels navigation is more efficient with the speech giving you only the information you actually need. You can easily find at any time where you are in a publication using a simple keystroke. Like everywhere in SpeakOn, all media works in the same way; if you know how to read an eText publication, you use the same skills to listen to Radio, Podcast, Daisy books and all other ten or so types of media that SpeakOn supports.

There is an NTNM SpeakOn support page with all the information you need to upgrade or try SpeakOn MediaSuite for the first time: http://www.speakon.org.uk/SpeakOn/MediaSuite/public/docs-r/NTNMSupport.html

If you already have an older version of SpeakOn MediaSuite installed, the most elegant way to upgrade is from the menu:
Help > Check for updates

Just a reminder that if you don't find the media task you are looking for in the Manager, just install the plug-ins from the menu:
Tools > Add plug-ins

If you have any problems you are welcome to post your questions to this list or directly to me at:
speakon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you find SpeakOn useful, please tell others about this version.

Thanks to Tom, John and Gareth, members of this list, and others who helped in the development process of this version with testing and advice.

Regards,
Isaac

Isaac Porat
SpeakOn developer

Hi Isaac,

I have just downloaded the latest version of your media suite. I have one issue, when I open the programme I get my UAC control start and I have to allow this programme.

Is there a way to stop this happening?

Thanks.

I am using a Windows 7 64 bit laptop with Window Eyes as my screen reader.