[ntnm] Android Scam

  • From: "Chris James" <chris52james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ntnm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 16:29:43 -0000

Hi All

Shown below is a message which I received a little earlier today from the
Police which I thought might be of interest to other forum members.

Please note the following notice from Action Fraud regarding a new variant
of the "Android.Koler.A" malware which is spread via text message:

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/news/alert-worm-koler-android-mobile-ransom
ware-nov14

If you receive any similar emails, please report them to Action Fraud on
0300 123 2040 or online at

www.actionfraud.police.uk

Action Fraud is the UK's national fraud reporting centre where you should
report fraud if you have been scammed or defrauded. They provide a central
point of contact for information about fraud and

financially motivated internet crime. The service is run by the National
Fraud Authority - the government agency that helps to co-ordinate the fight
against fraud in the UK.

Regards

Chris

---