[nswnra] Re: Stephen James O'Meara

  • From: Paul McGuiness <prepress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 07:49:42 +1100

Yes, a balanced book on Dunlop and other early astronomers would be interesting. Dunlop is mentioned in a book I picked up recently: "Explorers of the Southern Sky" but Dunlop is treated rather harshly as a sloppy individual who didn't look after his gear. Perhaps it's time to correct the record a bit. Who better than our

own Dr Cozens??

On 23/10/2010, at 1:49 PM, Corona Australis wrote:

The book from O’Meara sounds promising. I have three of his Messier Objects, Caldwell Objects and Hidden Treasures. All good books which gives you a lot of info on each of the objects being written about. Actually I was wondering when we’d might see or if there was something in the planning for a Dunlop book from
Dr Cozens, I’d buy a copy.

Good nab on the comet I would imagine the moon would not have made it too easy. There has been a bit of chatting in the northern hemisphere about it. Last I check it was still too north to see for me plus it has
been too cloudy for anything.

I think I might have seen your NGC 5128 document before, congrats on the publication!!

Looking forward to a waned moon, lovely weather we’re currently having.

Cheers,CS
Rob