[nswnra] Re: Elections and Rugby

  • From: G C <cozens3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 08:33:21 +1000

I think the Labour government's debt was small, only 6% of GDP.
I also think the number of boat people coming to Australia is small.
These are both minor issues. Abbott is majoring in *minors*.

Labour caved in to the *miners*.
Gillard reduced the mining tax and postponed the ETS.

The Greens rightly opposed the Rudd/Turnball ETS because it mainly
transferred money from us taxpayers to the big polluters, without a
significant reduction in CO2.

The coalition currently has 44% of the primary vote, Labour 38% and the
Greens 11.5%.
If the Greens had 11.5% of the seats they would have 17 seats in the house
of reps, not 1.
The 4 independents have 6.5% of the vote and heaps of power now.

Saffin is supposed to represent Page but really she just does what Labour
tells her to.
I think we would be better off with no parties.
Let the full house of 150 members elect the new PM!
Glen