[nswnra] Clear Skies

  • From: "Corona Australis" <corona_australis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nswnra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 18:40:32 +1000

Nice clear skies tonight, looking better now that jet stream has calmed down a

little. We had a nice mag 1 flare just on 6pm along with several other
satellites

counted 4 at once. Venus is looking like a quarter moon, will be worth keeping

an eye on it as it swings around between us and the sun. It will present a nice

crescent appearance.  Mars has slipped past Saturn both just above Venus.

Thankfully that bitter cold wind has eased off, it was a tad chilly up here on
the

range.

Anyways hope you can take advantage of the nice skies. looks like a bit of cloud

cover over the next day or so.

Anyone hear from Graham? Someone tried posting to the group the other day

who was a non-member. I tried emailing them back to see if it was Graham but

got no reply.

Cheers,CS

Rob