[nsbe-dae] FW: Please send out the NSBE-DAE members

  • From: Leronki Leonard <leronki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nsbe.eboard@xxxxxxxxx>, <nsbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <det_nsbe_ae@xxxxxxxxx>, <nsbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <nsbeltu@xxxxxxxxx>, <nsbe-dae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <chair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 23:02:26 -0500

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 19:27:18 -0800From: shani_jj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Please
send out the NSBE-DAE membersTo: smithff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; leronki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
khogali.y@xxxxxxxxx; moniquelake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Frenae/Leronki,

Please send this out the NSBE-DAE memebers.  (see info. below) I think some of
our members would be interested in this Professional Development Conference.

SWE Detroit Professional Development Conference 2008

You’re invited to the 2008 Professional Development conference titled Knowledge
For Growth. Our award winning program will be held at the General Motors Warren
Technology Center on Saturday, April 19, 2008. Take the Ride of Your Life with
our keynote speaker, Joyce Weiss. She is a certified speaking professional
(CSP) and started Joyce Weiss Training and Development LLC, a best practices
certified company in 1987. Joyce is a renowned author and speaker motivating
thousands of individuals to excel themselves and their companies.

The conference will have a special focus on environmental technologies and how
they apply to our industry and at home. Breakout session speaker topics this
year include:
·   The Growth of Cleantech and Opportunities in Alternative Energy
·   Sustainability - What’s It Mean and What’s It All About
·   The Art of Negotiation
·   Careers in Hybrids and Electrical
·   Leadership in Drive…Making Bold Moves
·   Managing Effective Meetings
·   Interviewing Skills Panel
·   Being Feminine and Professional
·   Mentoring
·   Hybrid Powertrains
·   Simple Life Work Management
·   Leading a Global Team
·   Assessing the Health of Your Career
·   Developing Your Personal Brand

The cost for the PD Conference will be $40 for SWE/IEEE/NSBE/SHPE members, $60
for non-members and ½ price for students ($20 & $30). Remember to ask your
company for registration reimbursement. For more information and to register,
visit our calendar at swedetroit.org. On-line registration will begin in March.

Venue Sponsor: General Motors Corportation

Gold Sponsors:  Chrysler, LLC., DOW, Lear Corporation, DuPont

Bronze Sponsor:  Jacobs Engineering

In-Kind/Door Prize Sponsor:  Whole Foods Market

Thank you,
Shani Electrical Engineer
PSU Alumni, JRFAA, SWE, NSBE, ESD
shani_jj@xxxxxxxxx
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" - Jackie
Robinson

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your
"fix".