[nsbe-dae] FW: Fwd: Share Your Knowledge this Summer - Volunteer with the Aces Program

  • From: "Leronki Leonard" <leronki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chair@xxxxxxxxxxx, nsbe-dae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, nsbeltu@xxxxxxxxx, nsbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nsbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, eboarddae_nsbe@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:02:54 -0400

From: "Monique A. Lake" <lakemo@xxxxxxxxx>
To: leronki@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: Share Your Knowledge this Summer - Volunteer with the Aces Program
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:01:41 -0700 (PDT)

please send to our members

Jeron Campbell <jeron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: From: "Jeron Campbell" <jeron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Jeron Campbell" <jeron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 21:52:31 -0400

                Greetings potential volunteers,

Our urban youth continue to be among the lowest performing groups in terms of academics, scholarship attainment and college graduation. The passing of Proposal 2 clearly demonstrated that many people would like to ensure that our youth have even less of a chance to be successful. Nevertheless, there are those in the community who implement outstanding programming and services that empower our youth to succeed. As a testament of this, I proudly attended the Howard and U of Pennsylvania graduations to watch two young men, both Aces alum, earn their business degrees. Don?t just read or hear about positive change, be an active participant in that change. The Aces Program offers Detroit?s students outstanding academic support during these increasingly challenging times. Our young, educated and positive role models are reaching back, volunteering our time to motivate and teach our young people the math, English, writing, and ACT test taking skills that they desperately need. The success of the program is dependent on volunteers, thus we are looking to recruit a solid group of volunteer teachers for the spring semester. If you are willing to give your quality time to help make a definite and positive difference in the lives of our youth, then this is your opportunity! The Aces Program Kickoff will take place on Saturday, June 16th (9AM-11:30) at 3420 Cass Ave in Detroit. A volunteer orientation will immediately follow registration from 11:30 ? 12:30. This orientation is more important for volunteers to attend than the registration; though attending the registration gives you a good preview of the students and parents that you will be working with during the semester. The core part of the Aces Program curriculum centers around the skills needed to do problems involving arithmetic, algebra, geometry, critical reasoning, English comprehension and writing. The program targets students in grades 7-12 and class sizes are around 15-18 students. The curriculum is already done and all supplies are provided for you. Your valuable time will be spent teaching, not worrying about how to create HW and quiz sheets at home. The summer 2006 semester classes will be taught on Saturdays from 9AM-12:30 and Tuesdays/Wednesdays from 6?8PM for 8 weeks. We are willing to work with your schedule and need your help, even if you are not able to commit to every session. I will team up 2 teachers to teach each course so that together they can ensure that all of the days are covered. Also, for those who would like to help in non-teaching ways, if you have skills or contacts in accounting, publicity or fundraising, proposal writing, etc. please email or call me to find out where your skills can be used. Please check out our website at www.educateall.org Click on ?How to Help?, and fill out the volunteer form online! Attached is the Aces summer semester flyer for your reference. Please forward this note to others that may be interested in volunteering and parents of students that you know would benefit from participating. I encourage you all to be a part of the solution and help create a brighter future for our youth.
  Thank you,
  Jeron T. Campbell
  Founder and CEO
  Campbell Academic Services
  a 501c3 nonprofit organization
  www.educateall.org
  jeron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  (313) 506-3677

  A Life Not Lived For Others Is Not Worth Living.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Make every IM count. Download Messenger and join the i?m Initiative now. It?s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_June07