[nsbe-dae] FW: Detroit Science Center exhibit

  • From: Leronki Leonard <leronki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nsbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <det_nsbe_ae@xxxxxxxxx>, <nsbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <nsbeltu@xxxxxxxxx>, <nsbe-dae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <chair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 15:11:21 -0500

Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 04:43:05 -0800From: moniquelake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
Fwd: Detroit Science Center exhibitTo: leronki@xxxxxxxxxxx
please send this out, sorry I did not get it to you sooner

MOElizabeth Chilton <echilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Subject: Detroit Science Center exhibitDate: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 09:58:50
-0500From: "Elizabeth Chilton" <echilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To:
<moniquelake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hey Monique!

Hope all is well with you.

I was looking for a contact at the Detroit Extension of the National Society of
Black Engineers and found that you are their membership contact!

I've got a cool little exhibit we are putting together that I hope some of your
members might be interested in.  It's got a real quick turn around, so we'd
have to act on it quickly.

Here's the scoop:

The Detroit Science Center would like to feature members of NSBE in a new
exhibit scheduled to open in December 2007.

The exhibit is entitled “Engineers are not born … they are inspired!”  It will
include many of today’s prominent engineers along with the toys that most
inspired them.  We believe the exhibit will help parents see how certain types
of toys can really make a difference to a child.  We also believe the children
and youth who visit the Science Center will see similarities between their own
favorite toys and the toys that inspired the featured engineers.  Our goal?  To
help inspire our young visitors to become part of the next generation of
engineers!

All we ask of participants is to complete and return the attached forms on
which they will tell me a bit about themselves and answer the question:  “What
toy most inspired you when you were a child?”  The Science Center will purchase
the toy that inspired each engineer and display it along with their handwritten
quote.

Because we need to have responses back by November 19th, it would be fine if
you would like to distribute this as an e-blast to your membership.

Thank you in advance for your interest in this project.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Elizabeth

Elizabeth Chilton
Director - Exhibit Content