[nsbe-dae] FW: 2008 Swe Detroit Professional Development Conference

  • From: Leronki Leonard <leronki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nsbe.eboard@xxxxxxxxx>, <nsbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <det_nsbe_ae@xxxxxxxxx>, <nsbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <nsbeltu@xxxxxxxxx>, <nsbe-dae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <chair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:37:16 -0400

Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 03:58:34 -0700From: shani_jj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Fw: 2008
Swe Detroit Professional Development ConferenceTo: lakemo@xxxxxxxxx;
smithff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; leronki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: khogali.y@xxxxxxxxx

Please forward.

Thank you,
Shani Electrical Engineer
PSU Alumni, JRF Alumni, SWE, NSBE, ESD
shani_jj@xxxxxxxxx
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" - Jackie
Robinson

----- Forwarded Message ----From: Publicity SWE-d
<publicityswe-d@xxxxxxxxxxx>To: swe-d@xxxxxxxxxxx: Tuesday, March 11, 2008
12:50:47 PMSubject: 2008 Swe Detroit Professional Development Conference

Good Afternoon Professionals,   SWE Detroit would like to extend you a special
invitation to the 2008 Professional Development Conference entitled Knowledge
for Growth. Our award winning program will be held at the General Motors Warren
Technology Center on Saturday, April 19, 2008 from 7:30am to 3:30pm. Take the
Ride of Your Life with our keynote speaker, Joyce Weiss. She is a certified
speaking professional (CSP) and started Joyce Weiss Training and Development
LLC, a best practices certified company, in 1987. Dynamic, thought-provoking,
and funny, Joyce is a renowned author and speaker, motivating thousands of
individuals to excel themselves and their companies. Joyce combines practical
advice and enthusiasm to produce results in your team. Check out two of her
books: Take the Ride of Your Life! and Full Speed Ahead...  The conference will
have a special focus on environmental technologies and how they apply to our
industry and at home. Breakout session speaker topics this year include:• The
Growth of Cleantech and Opportunities in Alternative Energy• Sustainability -
What's It Mean and What's It All About• The Art of Negotiation• Careers in
Hybrids and Electrical• Leadership in Drive…Making Bold Moves• Managing
Effective Meetings• Interviewing Skills Panel• Being Feminine and Professional•
How to Sustainably Refuel Your Body, Mind and Spirit: Learn to Recognize and
Vanquish the Big 10 Energy Vampires• Hybrid Powertrains • Simple Life Work
Management • Leading a Global Team• Assessing the Health of Your Career •
Developing Your Personal Brand The cost for the PD Conference will be $40 for
SWE/IEEE/NSBE/SHPE members, $60 for non-members and ½ price for students ($20 &
$30 respectively). Remember to ask your company for registration reimbursement.
 Attached is a brochure, which you should also receive through mail.
Registration begins today, March 10! We appreciate your support at previous
conferences, and we hope you will join us again! For more information and to
register, please visit http://www.swe.org/SWE/RegionH/Detroit/PDC_Website.html.
For any travel inquiries, including hotel details, please contact Lisa Henn at
lisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Thank you, and we hope to see you on April 19th!
Sincerely, Amy CrandallPDC Registration Coordinator    Attention Members &
Non-Members! Member attendees can sponsor non-members to attend the conference
at the member price.  Venue & Gold Sponsor: General MotorsGold Sponsors:
Chrysler, Dow, Du Pont, Lear CorporationBronze Sponsor: JE JacobsIn-Kind/Door
Prize Sponsor: Whole Foods
 are receiving this message because you are subscribed to the SWE Detroit email
list.  Society of Women EngineersDetroit SectionP.O. Box 2978 Southfield, MI
48037-2978 To unsubscribe:Please send an e-mail to listmanager@xxxxxxxx Leave
the subject line blank.  The body of e-mail should only contain the following:
unsubscribe swe-dShed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser! Learn
more.
Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get your
"fix".