[npcug] Re: Broadband settings query

  • From: "paul goulding" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <npcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:49:42 +0100

I use Smoothwall 2.0 but don't yet have broadband. My 56k modem is a
straightforward serial device which doesn't need any setting up. I do
use a wireless router on the green zone which was a problem to set up
initially.

I got everything working by changing my smoothwall's default range of
addresses from 192.168.0.1 to suit my router, simply because I couldn't
persuade the router to run happily other than on its default IP address
(192.168.2.1).

I do hope to get broadband quite soon so I may need advice on this
shortly.

Paul