[npcug] Ad-Aware

  • From: Geoff Beedie <geoff.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: npcug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:12:34 +0100 (BST)

Hello from a rare attender!!   Best wishes to all.

  I wonder if anyone can comment please.

  I have Ad-Aware SE plus.   My system is XP Home fully up to date.   The
hitherto regular updates to the definitions file in Ad-Aware seem to have
stopped.  Mine is now nearly three weeks old which, as you may know , is much
older than normal.
  I have asked the suppliers for an explanation through their help pages and
realise that I am far from alone with this problem.  Many are asking the same
thing.
  What I can not get is any explanation or advice as to when the programme will
be updated.  The suppliers have now, indeed, closed the question!!  Hardly
satisfactory.

  Does anyone with greater knowledge than me have any comment please.

  Geoff .