[novasql] Re: Trouble With Rollback!

  • From: "Clay McDonald" <clay.mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <novasql@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 21:02:04 -0500

Nevin,

A couple of people have confirmed they are coming. Anyway, it truned out that
the rollback for a CREATE INDEX was hung and I had a rollback for a DBCC
CHECKDB that was waiting for a snapshot to write out which had an estimated
completion time of 260 hours! It turns out that this is one of those rare cases
where it is suggested that you restart the sql server service. When the sql
server sevice had restarted, the database was "In Recovery". My first thought
was that I would have to restore from the backups, but when I look at the
errorlog, the estimate for completion time for the Recovery was only 3 hours.
Well 3 hours later and its only 25% complete, but that not to bad, I'll just
let it run over night.

Well, hope you can make the meeting, Im sure Red Gate will have something cool
to give away.

Clay