[novasql] Trouble With Rollback!

  • From: "Clay McDonald" <clay.mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <novasql@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:35:55 -0500

Hello all,

        I've got a rollback of a create index that's been running for 24
hours and is blocking other users. I know its running by the activity in
perfmon, but its very slow. The wait type is EXECSYNC and
WRITE_COMPLETION. Also, CHECKDB has been rolling back for the same
length of time with WRITE_COMPLETION as the wait type.

        Any suggestions about what troubleshooting steps I could take to
see what the slowing down the rollback other that physical disk?

Clay McDonald
Database Administrator

> Bates White, LLC
> 1300 Eye St, NW, Suite 600 East