Reminder: meeting 7:30pm 7 Jan, Two Brewers, Whitstable.
This is only for ND fliers interesting in mentoring new pilots. So far, I have
these volunteers interested in mentoring, all of whom have said they hope to be
at the meeting: Mike Anders, Keith Ashover, Tony Fletcher, Mike Hodgkiss, John
Anybody else interested, do let me know / come along. Or email me
(whitstable.nick@xxxxxxxxxxx) any comments for the meeting.
Some suggested issues :
* Add to / improve the current download for potential new members who are
also new pilots (attached and I'll bring a few copies to the meeting)
* Come up with our own programme / refer people to the BMFA's ('A Flying
Start' - see http://achievements.bmfa.org/guidance-booklets/a-flying-start I'll
bring a copy of this and of the Handbook on my laptop)?
* Push A-Cert / require for solo?
* Particular recommendations for trainers / sims?
* Stabilisation or not? (For recommended models and for club trainer?)
Just to get my oar in first with a general point: let's remember this is only
about encouraging a few new guys to join us and enjoy flying toy aeroplanes
safely and courteously. Each mentor will have their own way of going about this
and each mentee their own wants and needs. We need a decent one-page download
with a few common expectations and recommendations, not some elaborate scheme!