OK for me.
From: northdowns-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <northdowns-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on
behalf of whitstable.nick@xxxxxxxxxxx <whitstable.nick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 02 January 2019 18:14
Subject: North Downs mailing list: mentors meeting
Meeting for Mentors: (provisionally) 7-30 Monday 7 Jan - Two Brewers, Whitstable
I'd like to arrange a short session for Mentors (North Downs members
volunteering to take primary responsibility one or more new pilots) under the
programme for new pilots agreed in principle at the AGM.
The idea is to get the people who will be guiding new pilots to flesh out what
our guidance should be. I don't want to impose any prior agenda and no doubt
each Mentor will want to go their own way to some extent but issues which have
come up for collective discussion so far include
* come up with our own programme or follow the BMFA's?
* particular recommendations for trainers / sims?
* stabilisation or not?
* add to / improve the current download for potential new members who are
also new pilots (attached).
We'll probably not manage a time which all Mentors can attend but I'll go ahead
with Monday if most can
Please get back to me (whitstable.nick@xxxxxxxxxxx):
1. If you are down as a Mentor (below) - to let me know whether or not you
can make Mon 7th
2. If you want to add / subtract yourself as a volunteer (below)
3. If you'll not be at the meeting but have any comments or suggestions
about the New Pilots Programme
Currently I have these people as volunteers:
* OK to be Mentors: Mike Anders, Keith Ashover, Mike Hodgkiss, Nick
Jackson, John Moyler
* OK to help out as Flight Line Instructors (taking new pilots up but not
primary responsibility for them): George Hackman, Bryan Searley, Eddy Small,