I've been collecting pieces of information how things are developing:
- There's a village cluster called "Cold North" by xil.se and IX Sthlm
- This could be the cluster the rest of groups join in
- No idea where .se is making their plans, any IRC channel?
- xil.se is interested in a shared village tent
- Labitat has a channel #camp2019 in their labitat.dk IRC network
- Hackeriet has about 12 names on a list at the moment
- Something about party boats mentioned?
- Contact person atluxity?
- .fi has yet no name or registered assembly, but the village will be comprised
of three closely working groups from different cities
- We are doing our best to arrange a sauna, but it might be more difficult to
achieve than in SHA camp. If sauna can be done, it might have some requirements
concerning the location of the village on the map.
- There are 28 names on the .fi list, with majority already having a ticket
At SHA camp .se had a great kitchen. Is there any possibility for this to
re-happen? I don't know which group/individuals exactly were in charge of it.
Plans to have boats or a sauna might set requirements for position on the map
for the village, or that the cluster or parts of it are not located tightly
Note: Being mentioned in groups listed above does not necessarily imply that
these groups have announced being in the shared Nordic village.
Something we could plan together is how we want to represent ourselves
in the Nordic Villages. There have been requests for limiting use of
apparent national symbols, such as country flags, and to display things
that are more related to making and doing.
I understand it might mean extra work for some who don't have these
things readily available, but wouldn't it be nicer to display
hackerspace logos, group emblems, art, or something similar or
completely different in flags and banners instead? We have enough time
to design or order new ones before the camp. Who knows it might also
help us get to know each other better, when we have more clue what each
of us are involved with. I hope we can come up with creative and
distiguishable ideas that also help people navigate and find us in the
campsite if they are looking for the Nordic area.
Yes, definitely! The Swedish embassy will definitely be there.
Just letting you know that CCCamp19 ticket sales have started.
I suppose we try to coordinate another Nordic Village in the event this
time too? As soon as the camp wiki opens, we can make a page there.
I hope to see you at the camp!