[norcal-hug] OpenSource World .Org is now a go: do we apply?

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:36:19 -0700

Howdy,

I just got word from IDG that they are reversing their decision not to
have a .Org area this year. Per the email that I received (and I quote):
"We will offer a .Org Zone at OpenSource World which will be located in
a dedicated meeting room adjacent to the sponsor showcase. It will
feature the ten most worthy .org projects and foundations, as determined
by our Program Committee..."

OpenSource World is on Aug 12 and 13; this is not very long after
OSCON/San Jose (July 22 & 23), for which we already have a booth
secured. So the question is: do we apply?

Cheers,

Jorge