[norcal-hug] Haiku @ OSCON 2009

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <jorge.g.mare@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norcal-hug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 18:30:28 -0700

Hi everyone,

Good news! I have secured a (free) .Org booth at the OSCON conference to
be held in San Jose on July 22 & 23. This will be Haiku's debut at OSCON
and hopefully, with the usual nice teamwork that we have shown at
LUGRadio & LinuxWorld last year, we can again make a good impression at
this event. :) For now, I have added basic event information about OSCON
on the Haiku website here:

http://www.haiku-os.org/conference/2009/oscon_2009_san_jose_ca

If you plan on helping out, let me know, so I add you to the Haiku team
list (or if you have editing rights, feel free to add yourself to the list).

Sometime after the GSoC final announcement I will post some news on both
the NorCal and Haiku website to raise further awareness.

As there is a chance that Alpha 1 could be out (or around the corner) at
the time of this event, I think this could be a good time to start
promoting NORCAL-HUG as well, including pushing for membership and
perhaps even donations to support our activities. Any ideas or thoughts?

Cheers,

Jorge