[noCensorship] Re: pfProxy help Please !!

  • From: wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 22 Oct 2004 16:51:29 -0000

aasa37 wrote:
>>>----------------------
>>>## XXXX needs policy here
>>>  my $url = $request->url;
>>>  if ($url->scheme !~ /^(https?|gopher|ftp)$/) {
>>>    my $res = HTTP::Response->new(403, "Forbidden");
>>>    $res->content("bad scheme: @{[$url->scheme]}\n");
>>>    $res;
>>>  } elsif ( $url->rel->netloc) { #mod by wayne: was a 'not' in there
>>
>>Mmm ... i never did spend any time to figure out what was happening
>>exactly there.
>>That mod was *only* needed for panix. I was guessing they had a
>>bad LWP module installed.
>>Maybe now panix is back to normal?
>>Did you try restoring the 'not'? Like this:
>>  } elsif ( not $url->rel->netloc) {
>
>  Yes , i did , but did not work , same problem .
> I deleted the whole part of that " elsif " and it worked , now i browsing
> fine with it .
> it keep writing all the activities in the screen like a log , can i get rid
> of that ?

Try something like
./pfProxy.pl >nul

But why?

If you start it like
./pfProxy.pl &
it will go in the background, and still log to your screen, but
it won't affect your ability to use the console.
You're probably not using it for much else anyway.
Are you worried about the extra bandwidth used getting the log
info back to your pc? That would be peanuts compared to your web
browsing.

> Thanks .

wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(remove the obvious extra 's')