[noCensorship] Re: Wayne (UAE Proxy Servers)

  • From: wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 28 Oct 2004 19:25:05 -0000

Nasif Kazia <knasif@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Wayne,
>
> Just wanted your views on the difficulties I am facing accessing my web
> host control panel.  The problem i am facing may or may not have to do
> with the UAE/Etisalat proxies. However, here is my story :

I forgot to mention another option you have.

All the UAE proxies allow CONNECT to port 8080 (statProxy test 12).
That means that you can use programs like my localProxy or HTTPort
to get to vdeck, in spite of the fact that Etisalat blocks direct connections
to that port.

For this simple job alone, localProxy is probably overkill. It takes some time
to start up the first time, and then some time to learn the right way to get to
vdeck It's good for the more general browsing problem and beginners access
to things like usenet news.
If you set the configuration correctly it gets there straight away, of course,
but that's
not easy for a beginner.

I'd recommend trying HTTPort or something similar that can use CONNECT
(often called SSL tunneling) to get through the UAE proxies). We can help
you set these things up here...

wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(remove the obvious extra 's')
===8>============== noCensorship community ===============