[noCensorship] SSH and shell?

  • From: Mazinger <pooh12345678987654321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:27:27 -0700 (PDT)

HI all,,

Firstly, Wayne thanks for LP, the cvs version is
working wonderfully, couldn't ask for more.

I'm writing this wanting to know more about the SSH
protocol, it seems like SSH is a great way to bypass
the proxy censorship, from my understanding its a
protocol that you use to connect to your shell
account, which I *think* is another computer thats far
away from you,lol. Anyway you can store data on this
shell and transfer it to your PC encrypted. which is
very nice.

But I noticed most shell providers have what seems to
be very small storage (less than 100mb per $100/year)
and not much bandwith either, about 1Gb/month same
price. I was wondering if you could have a server with
more space/bandwith (something like 10gb space with
20Gb bandwith per month at least) for a reasonable
price, and how would you use ssh, I know you have to
telnet and get some ssh client, but it seems kind of
complicated to me, also say you want to download a
file by bitorrent to your shell account, how would
this command be made? would Bt have to be installed on
the shell or something? This might prove handy for
trackers that have been banned, but if you use LP your
IP would keep changing and not all trackers are happy
like this (some would even ban you for IP changing
every minute or so).

So what do you guys think about the potential of SSH,
is it worth the costs? are there any other similar
solutions?

regards,
Mazinger.

SUBJECT field.