[noCensorship] Re: Proxytools censored - a thanks

  • From: Denis Green <rainman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 07:05:55 -0800

Dear Wayne

Basically I needed an list of anon proxies (proxies that don't
pass the IP thru to the web site) for use with my browser

Following your reply...
>Or, from the pretested database, do this:
>perl extractHosts.pl - isEnabled doesNotPassIPAddressThrough
>(recommend you get the latest hosts.zip for this though)

& In continuation of my earlier mail

1. I downloaded the latest extracthosts.pl from
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/proxytools/proxyTools/extractHosts.p
l?rev=1.25&view=auto>

2. I downloaded the latest hosts.zip from
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/proxytools/proxyTools/hosts.zip?rev=
4.300&view=auto>

(When I say download - I view on screen.. copy to notepad, save
by the appropriate file name in my default folder)

Then I executed
perl extractHosts.pl - isEnabled doesNotPassIPAddressThrough
(perl etc. already being in my machine + path )

I get a long list of proxies **on the screen **
and at the end a statement saying 297 hosts appended to -
but no file name to indicate where these are appended to ?

Are these proxies that appear on the screen
- a list of **all** proxies
or
- *only those* that have passed the test ?

Where are the anon proxies *appended* to

any more info is most appreciated

TIA
DG

On 27 Dec 2003, wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> From: Denis Green <rainman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: [noCensorship] Re: Proxytools censored - a thanks
>>
>> Dear Freerk
>>
>> Thanks for this service to the no censorship community
>> You are a tireless champion
>> Keep up the good work
>>
>> Thanks for the proxy lists also
>>
>> Next time around is it possible to check for anonymity and add
>> a few anon proxies as well ??
>>
>> Thanks in adv
>> DG
>
>Do it youself.
>Get statProxy from proxyTools (sig) and do this:
>perl statProxy.pl -t 13 -l proxyList.txt
>to test a list from Freerk.
>
>Or, from the pretested database, do this:
>perl extractHosts.pl - isEnabled doesNotPassIPAddressThrough
>(recommend you get the latest hosts.zip for this though)
>
>--
>wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>http://proxytools.sourceforge.net/

===8>============== noCensorship community ===============