[noCensorship] Re: Proxytools censored - a thanks

  • From: wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, proxytools-users@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 27 Dec 2003 16:38:53 -0000

> From: Freerk <freerk@xxxxxxx>
> To: Denis Green <nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [noCensorship] Re: Proxytools censored - a thanks
>
> Hello Denis,
>
>        great! It's been a while that someone said thanks for the
>        proxylist, I thought it wasn't that useful anymore...

I use it all the time to update the proxyTools database.
Good work!

>        I won't check the list for anonymity, sorry. It's because there
>        is never a real anonymity in the Internet, and its kind of
>        dangerous to feel anonymous by using a so-called anonymous
>        proxy. And it would be much more complicated. I see my list as
>        a pre checked list. You can check the list by yourself to get
>        the best proxies for your case/area/anonymity or whatever. A
>        lot of proxies are anonymous, actually.

I agree with that. Still, statProxy gives you a good test for it.

>        And wow, it looks like there is a big demand for the
>        proxytools-exe. In 3 days, more than 150 people downloaded the
>        file. I will keep it up for a while.

Hmm ... wonder why. That's so old, and people will probably not
update the database that came with it. Then they will say it's slow.
Please ... get perl from www.activestate.com, get the latest CVS
files from sourceforge (my sig below). *Especially* get a new hosts.zip.

Is there a demand for a new release?
I'm about ready to do it anyway - I use it on friends machines,
and it's inconvenient to get the CVS stuff on a machine without a
CVS client.

--
wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://proxytools.sourceforge.net/