[noCensorship] Re: Proxy Server

  • From: wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 11 Jan 2004 17:36:42 -0000

> From: "Gabriel" <MyEmail@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [noCensorship] Re: Proxy Server
>
> I start to writen this question saying "No for LAN" ccproxy its for LAN..
> they just use this name "Server Proxy" you can not set your IP for someon=
> that live in other country to connect through it !

Good for you!

Yes, CCProxy is designed for internet connection sharing for
inside users.
I've never used it, but there still may be a way to make it do what
you want (by setting your friend's IP subnet as an internal one?).

My only other comment is that all you really need is a bouncer.
Just bounce his connection to your box off to a real proxy.
There are plenty of bouncers around. My info is out of date, so I
suggest you try a Google search.
My web pages at http://www.angelfire.com/my/6waynes tell you how
to set it up for 'redir' and a couple of others (IIRC).
I remember using redir, Stone and datapipe on Windows at various
times. Get the latest and the greatest, make it listen for your
friend's connection on some port he can access, and bounce him
to a nice fast uncensored proxy you can access. Easy.

Turing email: wayne at nym.alias.nest
(remove the obvious extra 's')
http://proxytools.sourceforge.net/

> > User CCProxy or FreeProxy Software.
> > Here is a download ftp link for CCProxy:
> > ftp://ftp.flashnet.it/mirror/7/simtelnet/win95/network/ccproxy.zip
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Email my yahoo at johndoe32102002 if you have any
> > questions.
> > John Doe
> >
> > --- Gabriel <MyEmail@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hi again,
> > > Anyone knows a good Proxy Server for windows ?
> > > I want to be able to set my IP to be a proxy for
> > > someone that live in other country.. i dont talk
> > > here about netshare on the LAN !
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Gabriel

===8>============== noCensorship community ===============