[noCensorship] Re: Proxy Server

  • From: wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 12 Jan 2004 19:12:00 -0000

> From: "Guy Lemaire" <lemairg@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: <nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [noCensorship] Re: Proxy Server
>
> If i m understand you the provider can grab all your requests on google a=
> nd
> make (true or fake)
> conclusions about your religion, political idea, sexual orientation or he=
> alt
> problems ?

This always seems to surprise people. Why?

The simple truth is that they can see every bit that goes to/from
your computer along *their* wires.

Unless your data is encrypted, they can examine everything you do.
If your unencrypted web page accesses and Google requests reveal
your 'religion, political idea, sexual orientation or health problems', then
that's it.

Did you think that there are too many bits to be understandable?
Your web browser, operating system and modem makes sense of it,
so why can't they?

Turing email: wayne at nym.alias.nest
(remove the obvious extra 's')
http://proxytools.sourceforge.net/