[noCensorship] Re: New Start

  • From: pooh pooh <pooh12345678987654321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 04:41:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Great to see the "HAT" comeback to the group, you are
most welcome (am I making it sound like its my group?)

I second Osamah, that I don't know a lot about proxies
and internet connections in general, to me a proxy is
like a router that your connection has to go through
and we are trying to fake/avoid this router.

I think we should learn what are proxies and the
different types of them
(sock,connect,http,l33t....etc).

Also we need to know how proxytools actually work,
what is a layer0 and layer1.

I'm going to start reading the help files with
proxytools this week (finishing my finals), and
hopefully will fireup proxytools after not using it
for several months (not much browsing cencored sites),
got the old version, hope it still works (it should).

Sorry wayne, I know you told me to learn to use CVS a
year ago (lol), but I hadn't the chance to learn using
it yet.

Nice seeing this group going up again. keep it up
guys.

regards.

btw i'm much better at computers in a developers sense
now, been learning to do really low level C
programming, at least I know what are integers,
floats, if statements and other very basic stuff.
maybe I can understand proxytools better now.

--- Osamah <iq0099@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> Speaking for myself..
> I have not ever tried to understand what proxies
> are, how they work, how to bypass, etc..
> Although I have lots of attempts at cracking, php
> developement, database stuff, and of course come
> graphics...  I am willing if anyone is to start,
> fresh, clean, :) :) !!!
>
> In my previous posts, I have meantioned that I'm
> using 2WAY SAT internet and do not need any bypass
> proxy...  I am having trouble with these P2P
> programs..  They stopped working and I am still
> trying to get the to work..
>
> Regards
>
> Hat <hat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm glad to see that there is some activity here
> lately. I personally lost
> the interest and the time I devoted previously to
> this group since I moved
> from UAE. However, as the group owner, I kept
> watching it out and cleaning
> it every now and then from spam.
>
> Thanks to all who kept on posting some proxies to
> keep some life in the
> list, but as Wayne already said, and I always
> believed, it is more
> efficient to learn how to breakout the censorship
> instead of just dropping
> a one line message, "I want some working proxy." I
> personally was one of
> the student (noisy students) who learned my way out
> of censorship and still
> practicing it.
>
> I really hope learning habit starts again, specially
> that Wayne is one of
> rare masters who really tolerated many stupid
> question, attacks, threat,
> spam, etc... My advice, listen to the guy, help him
> so that he can help
> you, and start learning. Otherwise, if you are here
> just for a "working
> proxy", then definitely you are in the wrong place.
>
> List members are close to 900, yet hardly any nice
> discussion is on since
> long long time ago. So why wait any more. Hit your
> keyboard and start some
> useful discussion.
>
> I personally can't promise to keep track of the
> discussion for many
> reasons. One of which I mentioned is lost of
> interest, and more important
> is the number of sites that I'm involved in on a
> completely different
> subject, which occupies most of my time.
>
> Anyway, nice to hear from you guys again. salute to
> Wayne and all the old
> friends reading this email here. All the best!

> [...]

SUBJECT field.