[noCensorship] Re: Net-DNS

  • From: madani <madani55sa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 05:28:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Wayne, all

Referring to your advice, I downloaded
ActivePerlActivePerl-5.6.1.635-MSWin32-x86.msi and installed it on ?formatted?
PC that runs on Windows 98SE Arabic. The PC has no programs other than Perl and
the LP package.

When I ran LP, modInstall.bat was started and the needed modules were
downloaded (installed).

I started LP to find out that modInstall.bat file is loaded which tried to
download Net::DNS module again.

The above was repeated again and again and again and?.

I removed Net-DNS package tens of times, tried several versions of  Net-DNS,
but only versions # 0.33 and 0.34 are accepted by Perl build 632 and 635.

Same test was curried on a system that had no Perl installed before. Same
results.

Is there any one who installed perl on Win98SE machine lately and successfully
ran LP?

Wayne the following might help:

perl -dwe1

use Net::DNS

main::(-e:1):   1

DB<1> use Net::DNS

can't read registry: No such file or directory at E:/Perl/site/lib/Net/DNS.pm
line 23

Compilation failed in require at E:/Perl/site/lib/Net/DNS.pm line 23.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at E:/Perl/site/lib/Net/DNS.pm line 23.

Compilation failed in require at (eval 4)[E:/Perl/lib/perl5db.pl:1521] line 2.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 4)[E:/Perl/lib/perl5db.pl:1521]
line2.

BTW, I had no proplem uninstalling perl 5.8.0 on WinXP machine and going back
to Perl 5.6.1 build 632.

For more details, please refer to your reply:

Subject: [noCensorship] Re: Net-DNS

From: wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: 10 May 2003 17:50:59 -0000

madani