[noCensorship] Net-DNS

  • From: "Madani AL" <madani55sa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 13:44:36 +0000

Hi Wayne

Yes, you can sense trouble....

I installed ActivePerl-5.6.1.632-MSWin32-x86.msi on Windows 98SE Arabic Enabled machine after formatting the hard drive. I tried to install LP, but strangely LP will download Net-DNS module every time I start it. For info, LP had no trouble downloading needed modules from ppm.activestate site.
I even tried to install different revision of Net-DNS without luck:

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Local>perl localproxy.pl
Missing Perl modules:
Net::DNS

Proxies found in environment: proxy.sbm.net.sa:80
I'm assuming this IP address is 212.46.37.*
Using proxy: http://proxy.sbm.net.sa:80
A batch file, with the necessary script to install
these modules, has been written to modInstall.bat
Installing missing modules ...
Press enter to exit localProxy GUI,
wait for the modules to be installed, then restart localProxy
------------

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Local>ppm install Net::DNS
Version 0.34 of 'Net-DNS' is already installed.
Remove it, or use 'verify --upgrade Net-DNS'.
--------

PPM interactive shell (2.1.5) - type 'help' for available commands.
PPM> verify --upgrade Net-DNS
Upgrade package 'Net-DNS'? (y/N): y
Package 'Net-DNS' is up to date.
---------

What is the possible problem?
LP was working OK before I format the my Hard drive using same Perl version
Perl knows that correct module is already installed, but LP doesn?t.
I formatted the PC almost 3 months back. Did the folks in ActiveState change the that module?
Do you recall that installation of ActivePerl-5.8.0.805-MSWin32-x86.msi on my XP pc was not succesfull due to corrupted 5.8xx Net-DNS module. Is it DNS curse? (Stange.. heh..)
Why does LP think that this module is missing?

Madani

SUBJECT field.
Moderator's email: nocensorship-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
===8>============== noCensorship community ===============