[noCensorship] LP and ActivePerl 8xx

  • From: madani <madani55sa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:10:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Wayne, All

I installed the new version of PERL ActivePerl 8xx and tried to run localProxy.
The following happened:

LP tried to connect to the Site to download the missing modules: Net::DNS and
Win32::API but it failed.

I opened the modInstall.bat to discover that LP was trying to connect through
another ISP account e.g. ogertel.com which was in the Internet options of I.E
and not the same account I was running (e.g. SBM). Since I had 3 accounts
listed in the Internet options, the same thing was repeated i.e  looking for
Zajil account (see below)

[Missing Perl modules:

Net::DNS Win32::API

Proxies found in environment: proxy.sbm.net.sa:80

I'm assuming this IP address is 212.46.x.x [not ogertel IP)

Using proxy: http://proxy.ogertel.com:8080

A batch file, with the necessary script to install

these modules, has been written to modInstall.bat

Installing missing modules ...

Press enter to exit localProxy GUI,

wait for the modules to be installed, then restart localProxy]

First of all, LP should detect which account is running and act accordingly. Is
this a bug?

So I tried to install Win32-API and Net-DNS manually.

http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/8xx-builds-only/Windows/Net-DNS.zip

I succeeded in installing Wen32-API module but the length of Net-DNS zip was
only 415 bytes. It consisted of ppd and Readme files.

The above forced me to go back and installed the 6xx version.

Is there another source where I can download the Net-DNS module?

Best regards

madani

SUBJECT field.
Moderator's email: nocensorship-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx