[noCensorship] Re: Anon proxy [was: Re: Re: Shake It Up!]

  • From: madani <madani55sa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 22:21:21 -0800 (PST)

JAP is working in KSA. Very slow
madani
 MARC PETERS <marcpeters_2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi Wayne,
thanks for the reply ..yup i loaded JAP and tried it from KSA no go....it does
not work i get a explorer page cannot be displayed....i set it up like it says
to and it seems to connect when you click on the "activate anonymous web
access"...and the pointer goes up to fair or high anonymity but in the "own
traffic" window the activity bar and the bytes remain empty......so i guess its
not working from my side....by the way the JAP home page is not blocked but
when you try to download the .EXE file thats blocked......hehehehe had to use a
working proxy to DL the program ......later in the day i'll try and do a search
and find some proxies on port 6543 and 16544 to see if those ports are open...

once again thanks.

Marc.

wayne wrote:> From: Hat
> To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [noCensorship] Re: Anon proxy [was: Re: Re: Shake It Up!]
>
> Hello MARC,
>
> Saturday, March 8, 2003, 9:13:28 PM, you wrote:
>

> M> Hat/Wayne,
> M> i read an earlier artical talkin about JAP ...wanted to know if it
> M> works from KSA
>
> You can only tell! Sorry, I'm not aware of the KSA blocked ports.
>
> So, why don't you just download it and try. For JAP, port 6543 is the
> infoservice port to get status and measurement information. Port 16544
> host port where JAP will be connecting. So, if at least the second port
> is blocked, then it's of no use to you!

These two ports have never been tested by anyone there, so I don't
have any info in firewalls.xml. Since a jap local proxy could be added
into the localProxy database and used by it, I'd appreciate any such
information.

[...]

--
wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx