[nnasnet] tagged vulture

  • From: Tom Saunders <birdnerd53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 20:09:20 -0400

Yesterday morning as I was driving south through White Stone I saw a black
vulture on the ground near some road kill with two large orange wing tags. I
was running late and there was a string of vehicles behind me, so I didn't
stop to read the numbers on the tag but I sure wish I had. These birds were
tagged by our friends at the Center for Conservation Biology at William and
Mary. They want to know about any sightings, so if any of you see the bird
please try to read the number (it's the same on both wings, so you don't
need to read both) and report it to conbio@xxxxxx . The bird I saw was near
the White Stone Family Practice building, but across Rt. 3. Of course, it
could be anywhere now.

Tom Saunders
Balls Neck