[nnasnet] Re: White Bluebird eggs

  • From: Nomini3@xxxxxxx
  • To: nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 00:01:14 EDT

That answers our question as well! We too have a bluebird house  holding a
bluebird nest which also had 5 white eggs in it - they have  recently
hatched and we've observed the bluebirds parents feeding their  young. This is
the
same house that last year held blue bluebird eggs.

Pat Canning in Montross

In a message dated 7/4/2011 10:24:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tandpteeps@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi all......Yes, Virginia, there can be  white bluebird eggs.  According to
 sialis.org, white bluebird eggs  occur in about 4%-5% of nests.  We had a
female at the King Carter Golf  Course BB trail that consistently produced
white eggs.  The babies are  quite normal.  Glenn, that nest is definitely a
bluebird  nest........Tom
Tom Teeples
28 Fox Tail South
Irvington, VA 22480