[nnasnet] Swans on Lagrange Creek

  • From: Margaret Gerdts <maggieurbanna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNAS Hotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 23:17:55 -0400

The tundra swans are still on Lagrange Creek just upriver from Urbanna.
Hopefully they will still be there when we have our bird walk on Mar 22.  I'm
guessing the flock of 60 hooded mergansers are still there too. At my house,
I'm still seeing 30 - 80 buffleheads in my cove and my pair of bald eagles.  On
Sunday, Brian Watts with the Center for Conservation Biology at W&M did the
eagle survey flyover and I saw the plane checking out the nest (with Captain
Fuzzzo piloting the plane, as usual).Maggie Gerdts