[nnasnet] NNAS Monitoring of KCGC/HQ Bluebird trail 6/29/2015

  • From: Tom Teeples <tomteeples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNASHotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 14:02:06 -0400

KCGC is the King Carter Golf Course, located south of Kilmarnock just off
Irvington Road. HQ is Hills Quarter, the community associated with the
golf course. NNAS is the Northern Neck Audubon Society.

Unusual sight at the pond on #3 fairway today. A very late clutch of
mallard baby ducks paddling behind mama mallard; 7 of them. Always cute.

The BB trail is rapidly winding down in this very unusual year. For the
first time in many years, we do not expect to see any 3rd clutches in any
boxes. We still have eggs in two nesting boxes but some of them may not be
viable or they may have been abandoned. We will see next week. We did
have 3 more boxes fledge their young this week.

Complete nest, no eggs: 2.
Eggs: 8.
Young: 20.
Fledged: 11 BBs.
Bluebirds fledged for the season: 55.
Chickadees fledged for the season: 15.
Tufted titmouse fledged for the season: 3.
Notice that the number of fledges and the number in the pipeline will bring
us up to less than 80 fledged for the season. Last year we fledged over
200. Sorry to keep complaining, but it is such a strange year.......Tom

--
Tom Teeples
132 Lancaster Dr. #105