[nnasnet] NNAS Monitoring of KCGC/HQ Bluebird trail 5/11/2015

  • From: Tom Teeples <tomteeples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNASHotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 12:21:02 -0400

KCGC is the King Carter Golf Course, located south of Kilmarnock just off
Irvington Road. HQ is Hills Quarter, the community associated with the
golf course. NNAS is the Northern Neck Audubon Society.

The tree swallows are back! And they have been busy. Since last week,
they have built the nest and laid 6 eggs. We are happy to welcome them.
And there continue to be encouraging signs; some new BB eggs. But still a
lot of empty boxes. And there was a suggestion that we call this a
chickadee trail rather than a bluebird trail. However, our total counts
negate this suggestion.

Here are the details:
Partial BB nest: 1.
Complete chickadee nest: 1.