[nnasnet] NNAS Monitoring of KCGC/HQ Bluebird trail 4/27/2015

  • From: Tom Teeples <tomteeples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: NNASHotline <nnasnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 12:23:34 -0400

KCGC is the King Carter Golf Course, located south of Kilmarnock just off
Irvington Road. HQ is Hills Quarter, the community associated with the
golf course. NNAS is the Northern Neck Audubon Society.

Well, at least we are being consistent. It is still a weird start to the
bluebird season. Lots of empty boxes, many of which have been productive
in the past. At this point last year (a record breaking year) we had more
than twice as many eggs as this year and one nest of 5 young. There was a
slight increase in the number of BB eggs this week. And we are hoping to
see our first BB young, next week. I hope there will be enough insects in
the grass to provide for the youngsters. We shall see.

Here are this week's details:
Partial nest: 1.
Complete nest, no eggs: 1.
Bluebird eggs: 35?
Chickadee eggs: 13?
As in the past, the ? is for the instances of a female on the nest
preventing a complete count of eggs.

Pray for HOT weather!.........Tom

--
Tom Teeples